Government scholarship in Romania scholarship in Romania covers undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral courses at different universities in the country. In addition, all areas of study are covered, with the exception of medicine, dentistry, and pharmacy. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs annual program benefits non-European international students. Undergraduate and Masters scholarship students must study in Romanian and therefore knowledge of the language is required. Doctoral students, however, may opt for courses in other languages.
Government scholarship in Romania
scholarship for applicants who would like to study in Romania but do not speak the country’s language, the program offers a one-year Romanian language course before the start of university studies. Those who present a certificate of proficiency with a minimum level of B1 do not need to take the preparatory course.
- scholarship selected by the Romania Scholarship Program will be entitled to several benefits:
- Monthly support during graduation, masters or doctorate
- Accommodation costs in student dormitories
- Exemption from university fees
- Costs of the Romanian preparatory course including monthly allowance
- Medical care in emergencies
- Public transportation
- The program covers the entire duration of the course, namely
- Undergraduate is for three to six years;
- Master is one year, one year and a half or two years;
- A doctorate is three to five years.
- scholarship do not cover airfare expenses.
From this year onwards, the application process for the Romania scholarship with Government Scholarships must be done only through the Study in Romania platform. The deadline to apply ends on March 1st, 2023. However, it is indicated that candidates confirm the deadline with the local diplomatic authorities which may have different dates. To apply, you need to send an application form and some documents:
- Copy of birth certificate or equivalent
- Copy of passport’s first 3 pages with an official translation in English
- Copy of the university degree requested to enter the desired level
- Copy of school transcript
- CV in English
- Motivation letter in English